You will need a Google Play Developer account if you want to upload your app to the Google Play Store. Here we’ll guide you on how to create a Google Play developer account as well as invite Swipecart to your account.
Step 1: To start with the enrollment process, you’ll need a Google Account. This is free of charge. All you need to do is have a Gmail address. Set up your Google account by clicking on this link. If you already have a Google account you can skip this step.
Step 2: To create a new Google Developer account, go to Google Play Console. Now, click on Get Started in the “An organization or business” section.
Step 3: You’ll need to fill the form with complete details about your organization such as-
- Name of the company
- Company’s Address
- Company’s phone number
- Company’s website URL
- Your contact details such as name, email address, and phone number
Step 4: Google will ask you to verify your contact details.
Verify email address:
- Go to the Account Details page in Play Console. Enter your email address. Click Verify email address.
- You’ll receive an email containing a 6-digit code.
- Enter the 6-digit code on the Play Console page and click on Verify.
Verify phone number:
- Go to the Account Details page in Play Console. Enter the phone number in international format. (+ sign followed by country code, area code, and phone number). Choose whether you’d like to receive the verification code by text message or voice call. Click Verify phone number.
- You’ll receive a text message or voice call sharing the 6-digit code.
- Enter the code and click Verify.
Now tick the Terms boxes and click Create account and pay.
Step 5: Google charges a one-time $25 registration fee. Pay the amount with the following credit or debit cards-
- American Express
- Discover (in the U.S only)
- Visa Electron (outside the U.S.)
Google doesn’t accept prepaid cards.
Step 6: To process the request for a Google Play Developer account, you may be asked for a valid government ID and a credit card under your legal name.
Note: If you do not provide the correct details, your request will be rejected and the registration fee will not be refunded.
Step 7: Once your Google Play Developer account is created, it’s time to invite Swipecart to upload the app to your account.
For this go to Google Play Console and select Users and Permissions on the side menu on the left side of the dashboard.
Click Invite New User to invite Swipecart.
Step 8: Fill up the email address, and set the App access in the Account permissions section to Admin (all permissions).
Click the Invite User button at the bottom right corner.
Done! The implementation specialists at Swipecart will contact you after we receive the invitation.
If you have any queries regarding how to create your Google Play Developer account, you can contact us here at Swipecart.