Video Tutorial of Get Admin API Access Token
The Admin API access token and Storefront API access token are necessary to connect your Shopify store with any custom app. Similarly, to integrate our Swipecart app into your Shopify store, we’ll need your Shopify store URL, Admin API access token, and Storefront API access token. In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to find these tokens within your Shopify store.
How to get the Admin API access token & Storefront API access token on your Shopify store?
- First, we need to generate the Admin API access token & Storefront API access token on Shopify. To generate these tokens we have to create a custom app. Let’s get into the details here.
- Log in to your Shopify store admin as the store owner.
- On the admin dashboard, click on ‘Settings’ at the bottom of the left sidebar.
- On the Settings page, click on ‘Apps and sales channels’ on the left sidebar.
- In the Apps and sales channels page that opens, click on ‘Develop apps’ on the top right.
- Now, on the App development page that opens, click on ‘Create an app’ on the top right.
- A ‘Create an app’ popup opens. Fill in any name in the ‘App Name’ text box. In the App Developer text box, your name and email id is automatically fetched. Else type in the same email id you used while signing up for the Shopify store.
- An app is created. It’ll be listed on the ‘App development’ page. Click on it.
- On the app details page, in the ‘Overview’ tab, click on ‘Configure Admin API scopes’.
- Now, you are taken to the ‘Configuration’ tab. Here, select and check all the boxes for the Admin API access scopes. Click on ‘Save’.
- Next, click on ‘Configure’ in the Storefront API integration section.
The Admin API access token & Storefront API access token are generated. Let’s now access them.
- Click on the ‘API credentials’ tab.
Admin API access token for your Shopify store:
- On the API credentials tab, go to the Admin API access token section and click ‘Reveal token once’. Copy this token into a secure file.
You can see the Admin API access token on this page only once because the token provides API access to sensitive store data. After revealing the access token, copy it to some secure place and save it so that you can refer to it again when you are creating an app on Swipecart for your Shopify store. If you click on this section the next time or subsequently, only the last four digits of the token are displayed for reference.
Storefront API access token for your Shopify store:
- On the API credentials tab, go to the Storefront API access token section. Here, you’ll find your Storefront API access token. Copy it for further reference. Unlike the Admin API access token, the Storefront API access token is always available on this page.
- That’s it. You now have the Admin API access token and Storefront API access token of your Shopify store. These will be used to create an app for your Shopify store on Swipecart.