What is the Automation feature on Swipecart?
- The Automation feature on Swipecart allows you to set some automated workflows for your app.
- For instance, scheduling push notifications or abandoned cart popups.
- This feature increases productivity and helps you to boost sales.
How to use the Automation feature?
- Click on Automation in the sidebar of your Swipecart dashboard.
- All the created automation is listed on the Automations page.
How to Create Automation
- Click on Create Automation to create a new automation.
- Type the title and description in the popup and click Submit.
- It gets added to the Automation page.
How to set a trigger for automation
- Click Add Trigger to add a trigger for the automation.
- Triggers can be-
- When a user is added to a segment
- When a user adds something to the cart
- When an order is placed
- When the order status changes
- Select any of the above triggers and click Apply Trigger.
- The selected trigger is added to the created new Trigger.
How to add action to the trigger in Automation
- Click on the + button to add actions to the trigger.
- You can choose two actions-
- Push notification
How to set Delay action for a trigger in Automation
- Select any duration from the predefined drop-down or type in any custom duration in minutes/hours/days/weeks for the delay.
- Check the Skip Weekends box if you do not want the action to be performed on weekends.
- The delay time is now added in the Action section.
How to set Push notification action for a trigger in Automation
- Select Push notification and click Next.
- In the push notification popup, select the type-
- Abandoned Cart
- Select the product/ collection. Upload the image, and enter the title, discount value, and description.
- Click Save
- The push notification action is added under the Action section for that Trigger.
- Repeat adding Delay and Push notifications to perform a series of automated actions for that specific trigger.
- Click Save when complete. The trigger is now saved in the Automation list.
- Activate the trigger by enabling the Active toggle switch.
That completes our Automation- Trigger & Action tutorial for Swipecart.