- If you already have an app published in Apple App Store and Google Play Store, you can replace it with your new Swipecart app.
- In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to easily replace the old app with your new Swipecart app.
Steps to replace your old app with the new Swipecart app in App Store/Play Store
- There are four stages in replacing your app with the new Swipecart app.
- App Listing
- Developer Account
- Document & Verification
- Application Status
- Let’s see the steps in detail below.
1. App Listing in Swipecart
- Click on App -> Publish App in the sidebar of your Swipecart dashboard.
- Fill in your app details on the App Publishing Information page.
- App Name
- App Sub-title
- Company Name
- App Short description
- App Full Description
- Support URL
- Store URL
- Copyright Text
- Country Name
- Next, upload these App Media images.
- iOS App Icon
- Android App Icon
- Placeholder Image
- Splash Screen
- Featured Banner Image.
If you choose not to upload the app media images, Swipecart will do it for you.
Click here to learn more about filling out the app information.
2. Developer Account
Here, you need to fill in information for both the Apple App Store account and Google Play Store account if you want to replace your old app with Swipecart’s new app in both stores.
Steps to replace the old app with the new Swipecart app in App Store
- Select Use your account from among the given three options.
You can select ‘Skip iOS App’ if you want to replace only the Android app.
Next, select Replace with old app from the given options.
- Invite us to your Apple Developer account
- Add email@example.com as an Admin
- Next, input your Apple Developer Account username in Swipecart’s Apple App Store section for verification.
Steps to replace your old app with the new Swipecart app in Play Store:
- Select Use your account from the given three options
💡 Note: You can opt for ‘Skip Android App’ if you want to replace only the iOS app.
- Next, select Replace with old app from the given options.
- Invite us to your Google Play Console account.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org as an Admin.
- Next, input your Google Play Account username in Swipecart’s Google Play Store section for verification.
Click on Save & Verify.
3. Document & Verification in Swipecart
In this step, you must submit some crucial files and add Swipecart to your Firebase account.
Click on Yes, I have if you have a Firebase account.
- Firebase account is a must for replacing your app on App Store or Play Store.
- If you don’t have a Firebase account, you have the option to publish app in Swipecart’s account.
Document submission for Apple App Store:
- Key ID
- Team ID
- Apple Distribution Certificate
- iOS App Development Certificate
- App Store Certificate
- App Store Profile Certificate
- App Store Certificate Notification
- iOS App Distribution Notification
- AuthKey.p8 File
Click here to learn how to create Apple Certificates and Key ID.
Document submission for Google Play Store :
- Keystore File
- Key.properties File.
Check the box if you don’t have Keystore file. Next, submit-
- Key store Password
- Alias Password
- Click Apply for verification
4. Application Status
Once the process of app listing, developer account, and document submission is completed, they will be verified by Swipecart.
- Verification Accepted- The verification process is complete.
- Verification Rejected- Click on Reupload to re-upload the valid files mentioned in the list. Click Apply for verification once you re-upload the accurate files.
Now, you can check your application status separately for App Store and Play Store. The status has three steps-
- Under Process
- Under Review
- App Published
- Your app may take 7-10 days to publish.
- Once the new app is published, click on Check app on App Store/ Check app on Play Store to access your app on the App Store/ Play Store.
That’s it. Your old app is now replaced by the new Swipecart app in the App Store and Play Store.