What is the Additional Info plugin in Swipecart?
With the Additional Info plugin, you can display extra information to customers on the Product page, such as a clickable link to Size Guide. You can also use it to offer information about conditions on offers or discounts through a clickable More Info icon or sign.
Benefits of installing the Additional Info plugin on Swipecart
Install the Additional Info plugin on Swipecart to improve the customer shopping experience by giving them all the information they need to buy products with confidence.
- Display additional information about products, collections, or offers.
- Build customer trust to buy products
- Improve the conversion rate and profits for your online store.
Steps to install the Additional Info plugin on Swipecart
Let’s start installing and activating the Additional Info plugin for your Swipecart app.
- Navigate to Add-ons -> Plugins on your Swipecart dashboard.
- Click on Additional Info in the All Plugins section and click Install in the Additional Info plugin page.
- Once installed, navigate to the Live Pop-up tab and tap on Create Pop-up.
- Select the Pop-up Type as Product Guide or Other Pop-up.
- The Product Guide is to help you display the extra information on the Product pages.
- The Other Pop-up is to display it on your app’s Home page.
- Next, enter a relevant name for the pop-up so that you can easily identify it from the created Additional Info list.
- Enter the Display Name.
- Enable the Show Icon toggle switch if you want to display an icon. Select the icon from the Icon Library or enable Upload Custom Icons if you want to upload icons from your system.
- Click on Add Content to open the text editor. Type in the extra details you want to share with your customers and click Save.
- Next, select the additional information display style as Pop-up or Bottom Sheet.
- You can opt to Publish the information or Save As Draft. If you opt to save it as a draft, you can access it anytime in the additional tab Draft Pop-Up that appears on your Additional Info plugin page. You can access the published pop-ups in the Live Pop-up tab.
How to use the Additional Info plugin in Swipecart?
As mentioned above, you can access the additional info popups you’ve created on the Home page and Product pages.
1. Adding Additional Info popup on the Home page
The ‘Other Pop-up’ Additional Info type is accessible when you Edit Style for the widgets on your Home page.
💡Note: This additional info pop-up is not accessible on select widget styles such as Search, Timer, Button, Text Marquee, Social Links, and Divider.
- Navigate to App -> Design on your Swipecart dashboard.
- Click on the edit icon on the app design in which you display the additional info popup.
- On the Home page, click Edit Style in the widget you want to display the additional info popup.
- Enable the Additional Info toggle switch and select the additional info popup you’ve created from the drop-down list.
- Select the position of the popup info display as Next To Title or Right Corner and tap Save.
The additional info name is displayed to the customer on the widget at the right corner or next to the title. When they click on it, the additional info text opens as a popup or bottom sheet.
2. Adding Additional Info popup on the Product page
The ‘Product Guide’ Additional Info type is accessible on the Product Detail View page of your app.
Navigate to App -> Design on your Swipecart dashboard. Click on the edit icon on the app design in which you display the additional info popup and tap on its Product Detail View page.
You can add the additional info popup to the product name& price section or variants.
To add it to the product name & price, hover over this section and click Edit Style. Scroll down and enable the Additional Info toggle switch.
Select the additional info popup you’ve created from the drop-down list and tap on Save. The clickable additional info name/icon will be displayed below the product price.
To add the additional info popup to any of the variants, hover over this section and click on Add Variants. In the opened Product Variants page, go to the variant where you need to display the additional info popup.
Click on the name from the Additional Info drop-down list and tap on Save. The clickable additional info name/icon will be displayed against the variant list.
That’s it about the Additional Info plugin installation on Swipecart.
With the Swipecart mobile app, you can preview all plugin updates on your mobile device. Learn more about How to preview your app on your mobile device?
For any inquiries about the Additional Info plugin installation, we encourage you to get in touch with our implementation specialist or contact our support team.